What's new

Think things through before making an event plz!

weed420

This post is more of a rant to the devs than anything else so if you're a casual player this is not for you.

This is my take on the events you made ever since I started playing about 2 weeks ago. First you made this brilliant ramadan event where we have to exchange 2 different event-only drops for a reward... seems nice but it becomes stupid the moment one of the loot has a significantly less drop rate than the other. Why 2 items then? It would have been better to just require the one with the lowest drop rate and be done with it. Next you split the event in 2 parts and gave the second almost the same duration as the first... it would make sense if the 2nd part wasn't literally just to exchange the loot we got during the first... wtf?! I'm sorry, Im literally trying to be as respectful as I can but this is just stupid in my opinion and there's no argument you could use to justify this decision. It's all good though! I thought this could have been done better but it didn't bothered me too much.
But then you finished the event and forgot to remove the extra event loot from everyone's inventory even though you knew it wasn't droppable/tradable. You knew right? Right?? I assume you play the game a little and don't just manage it... This time I was pissed. But it's all good though! I'm sure you will remove it soon!
Next comes moonlight event!! Yey! Amazing! Let's celebrate the full moon even though its not even close to be full moon yet! Seems right to me. I couldn't have thought better! Oh yeah, lets run the event during day time for europeans, and better yet, only during the day! Now this is pure perfection. I bet all the non europeans are pissed for missing the best event of the game hehehe.

Ok enough with the rant and sarcasm. I tried to tell you my feelings from my perspective as best I could. I spent a ton of money to get ready for the moonlight and came back home after work happy I could afford a couple hours farming moonlight boxes but It was over by the time I logged in. The patcher didn't notify how long the event would run and there was no info about it on the wiki either (yes I missed the forum thread, you should display the most basic info on the patcher anyway so not my fault here). Obviously many events due to their nature can't be done in a way that will satisfy everyone, but this could easily have. All you had to do was to lower the drop rate and make it last for 24h so non-europeans could take part in it as well...
Yesterday OPM got delayed for some stupid tennis game and today I missed the best wom3 event because it wasn't properly thought through... I'm pissed.

Auto

Welcome to Wom3. Wom3 runs events like they did on wom2 - Stupid and useless.

First, we get told that the event will run for 24 hours, and then they start the event 2 hours earlier and make it last for 12 hours. Great job.

About the situation with the items you cant drop - Deliver them to "Shabby" the drunk NPC that walks around. He can destroy them.

There wouldn't be a problem if they just made it 24 hours - Every1 would get a chance of hunting moonlight, no matter where they live.

And yes, Ramadan event was shit too - Even on the same acc - You couldn't put bread and donation plates into the storekeeper, to make use of them. I had 4 bread on 1 acc and 7 plates on another acc, but wasn't able to put them in storekeeper. Next up, the Ramadan's chest was full of crap and the phase 2 event was so dumb as well. "Congratz you can get a great price if you farm 24/7 - Ohh you couldn't farm 40 bread and plates? Too bad, no good reward for you"

I got 1 green changer - That was so great.

In general, the events are bad - They said they would make the events better on wom3, but events would happen rarely - But here we are, and they failed big time.

Zany

Yeap i agree 100% with what was said here. The events here have been poorly designed as we have pointed out several times. From not announcing them properly, to giving misleading information ( I remember Steven replying to a thread saying moonlight was 24h, then i check discord and Akitas said it would run for 12h. Went back to forum and Steven had edited his post). I mean... get your facts right before announcing them to the community. And not everyone checks discord.... I also remember quite clearly Akitas or someone else saying that they'd announce it CLEARLY when they were done testing events and would start posting them in the patcher.... Yet they're now in patcher and i guess there was no announcement for that either.

About the ramadan event - That was so badly designed too... we made a post to discuss and suggest something to possibly fix it or improve it. Yet GMs read it and pretend not to care (or maybe they really don't?). I mean, just give us an answer. Was there a reason why you made this event drop 2 items with different drop chance? what was the reason for that?

About the moonlight event - Once again agreed. 12h event is just meh... It might be good for Europeans but maybe not so convenient for other countries outside the EU. If you're worried about it ruining the market, why not just lower a the drop rate of the boxes and make the event last longer so EVERYONE could enjoy it equally.

Also tried to be as respectful as possible. It's just my opinion.

DreamsFrv

I mean, its not only about "Europeans".
Like not everyone have the same schedule, not everyone work everyday at the same hour..
but its just a point of view

weed420

@DreamsFrv unless you do something really odd such as working at night, 12h should pretty much cover almost everyone's schedules within a limited timezone. And by intentionally choosing a duration of 12h and pick that specific start, they favored people within the most convenient timezone and forsake all others. No need for that when all you have to do was reduce the drop proportionally to the number of extra hours you want to add.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Is it not 24h? Cause if it is not, it is fucking dumb... I just got home from work(8h) didnt even see it
The events are on the patcher event schedule, did you even consider to take a look?
If we hold the events from Early afternoon to late at evening it is bad because not everyone can be here, if we hold it from early afternoon until morning overnight it is ban because players have to sleep to go to work/school and other players farm overnight and it is not good, is there even any way to make you happy on this topic?

On the Document for the events the values/time of the metin were still set from WoM2 rates, which is why the confusion when asking a GM for info (That was solved already as we set WoM3 rates as well in that doc) but bear in mind that the events are still in the testing period and we might change how much they last and when they are held overtime.

Auto

The events are on the patcher event schedule, did you even consider to take a look?
If we hold the events from Early afternoon to late at evening it is bad because not everyone can be here, if we hold it from early afternoon until morning overnight it is ban because players have to sleep to go to work/school and other players farm overnight and it is not good, is there even any way to make you happy on this topic?
Uhmm, yes..??
24 hours event and people are happy.

Zany

The solution to this is obviously to hold events for 24hours so there wouldn't be complaints from players not being able to participate. However i do understand that it may bring undesirable effects to the market situation. Just use the data acquired from these past events and try to come up with a better and longer duration version of these events. I think that is what you guys are trying to do atm...

Anyway seems like the team is avoiding talking about the Ramadan event and how they kinda failed at it. In order to improve for future events you could/should open a feedback thread and actually listen to opinions about how it was bad... I will just point out some negative things about this event, AGAIN:
1 - The need to drop 1x bread and 1x donation plate to get Food Donation. Why do this if you're going to set different drop rates for the items? Why not just make it 1x bread OR 1x plate = 1x Food Donation? Why not make a system where we could use the excess bread or excess plate to exchange for anything?

2 - The rewards. 25 blessing fruits were needed for the camel pet. No complaints here since they're supposed to be hard to get and rare. However, why was Tier 4 = 4x Lilac Changers and Tier 5 = 5x normal changers? If the game designers played the game, they would know that 90% of players would always take tier 3 for the 2x exos and 2x hermits for higher profit. Where is the logic in having higher tiers with worse rewards?

3- Why did you not make it possible to exchange the items like we do with Mr. Soon on bookday? It was very annoying to have to go through all that dialogue to exchange items, especially when you have a LOT.

weed420

@Akitas
if we hold it from early afternoon until morning overnight it is ban because players have to sleep to go to work/school and other players farm overnight and it is not good
Like I said you are favoring europeans. But did you know, me and many others joined this server because its advertised as "International".
The solution is a no brainer, we said it already multiple times in this thread. All events similar to moonlight (drop based) should have a multiple of 24h as duration. So 1 day, 2 days, ... It won't ruin the market as long as you make the drop rate proportional to the duration of the event.
You have all the data you need now. Use the data you obtained in this event as a reference to the next. There are way too many moonlight being sold and look at the ridiculous amount of Stone of the Blacksmith and Hermit's Advices on the market right now. I assume those came from the moonlight boxes because I didn't had the chance to get them myself.
This short 12h event was more than enough to disrupt the market quite a bit in my opinion. The current drop rate is way too high for the value of the items that can drop from the box. Try to calculate the impact moonlight boxes have on the market and estimate an ideal amount of boxes to be obtained server-wide during the whole event and adjust the drop rate and duration to reach a value that is not too far off the value you want.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Like I said you are favoring europeans. But did you know, me and many others joined this server because its advertised as "International".
Do you live in Japan or what? How come 12 hours are not enough, there's no way to find a good timezone for everyone since there will always be some players that will complain about it.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
The solution to this is obviously to hold events for 24hours so there wouldn't be complaints from players not being able to participate
1 As i said there will always be complaints.
2 We can't hold some events for 24 hours as it will influence the economy
3 Read the full post i commented earlier, we pay close attention to how the events interact with the economy and there might be changes based on the results

weed420

@Akitas Are you for real? I'm among the people who have the right to be pissed yet I held back myself like hell. I'm seeing people making hundreds of yin I missed because of your goddamn imcompetence and you as a "community manager" instead of accepting your faults and try to reddeem yourself on the next try, you chose to ignore our complains and act like there's not even a solution for this elementary-grade problem! Grow the f.k up. Where I live doesn't matter, this is supposed to be an international server so events like this one should obsiously last for... whatever you don't want to hear it fine I give up.

Auto

But you could on wom2 because the events were bad?
Now that you have buffed the moonlight, it can't behold for 24h?

Did you know, item-shop also has an influence on the economy? Maybe the item shop only should be open Every Wednesday for 12 hours, because that's destroyed the market completely. An example: Blessing marble = 8000 yin last week - Now 4000 yin.

Don't get me wrong - I'm fine with item-shop, I'm just going with your logic as well - If you can't hold events because it will have an influence on the market, you should think about Item-shop too.

If the prices go down, the items will be more affordable to people as well - Instead of saying no to 24 hours event, maybe lower the drop of moonlight chests? Even without 40% double drop on items, people still make a ton of moonlights in sd3.

Your events with chests already work like that: Every player have their own "Drop-rate" - So every time I drop 1 Moonlight, my "Drop-rate" will be lower and harder to obtain moonlight each chest.

As you are saying all the time "We are still testing events" - Okay great, now test 24hours moonlight event where you lower the drop x2 and see how many moonlight will be dropped.

Zany

As i said there will always be complaints.

I believe that’s not the correct stance you should be taking. “There will always be complaints - therefore we will not try to improve or change”... you should always strive to improve whatever aspect of the game however small it may be. What kind of complaints will players have if we have it for 24h? Ppl will want 48hrs? Thats just absurd. What we’re asking is just 24hours of any drop based event. I know it would completely mess up the economy if we had the current drop rates and the event went on for 24hrs. BUT we’ve had some 12hr moonlight events and that should provide more than sufficient data for your team to come up with a new setup. Lowering the drop rate of boxes and extending the event for 24hr seems quite simple and straightforward in my opinion

Ze'

On the Document for the events the values/time of the metin were still set from WoM2 rates, which is why the confusion when asking a GM for info (That was solved already as we set WoM3 rates as well in that doc) but bear in mind that the events are still in the testing period and we might change how much they last and when they are held overtime.

Did I say that I didnt know the event was that day?
I did know, I just didnt see it (live) because I am working... Dont try to blame me if you guys didnt think this through, 24h is the obvious choice for this kind of events and if you give the ruin the economy crap just lower the drop rate by half so you can do 24h instead of 12h.
Look at the fox hunt event, you give one value and then you give another...
The only truth here is that you guys keep fucking up the events and it is obviously unfair, it should be the same all the way for everyone

Clairmont

I would suggest no more events.
Let's keep only 5 basic events - Dojang, National War, Ox, Metin stones Hunt and Boss Hunt every week and that's it. +Book day monthly
Moonlight and other Events only with some occasions.

weed420

@Clairmont Great idea! Lets only keep 5 events all of which cannot be made to accommodate people from all timelines! Its like trying to save a man drowning by keeping him underwater. Can't suffer if its dead right?
That's not a solution, that's quite literally a last resort.
BTW moonlight and special events are already occasional per say. Moonlight is supposed to happen when there's a full moon irl. On old school official it lasted for 72h with a much lower drop rate that this server has and significantly lower-value drops as well. People still loved it. It was my favorite metin2 event ever and still is. Dunno why they are so adamant in not lowering the exceedingly high drop rate in favor of an higher duration...