What's new

The removal of offline time

Haruo

The title isn't clickbait. This refers to the second part of the v6.0 updates that's talking about the rework of the current offline shop system and i'm trying to raise awareness. Even with the discussion(complaints) I made on Discord, no consensus has been reached.
What this update says:

1. You can get only 6 hours of offline time per day(season pass included; no one does or would do guild war or pvp for shop time).
  2. You can't stack the time each day like we did until now(0 time after you log out!)
  3. After the (8) hours you're offline, your shop time reaches 0, and if you want it to be offline, go and farm and mine for hours, again and again, each day, to get those sweet 6 hours of offline shop.

What this will result in:

• Economy becomes worse since no shops will be online at 8AM, and half of the other shops are closed at 3PM (Means the most deals you get are at peak hours, (3 or 8-10 PM)
  • If you are using another time zone, you're done for
  • You'll sell nothing overnight
  • You can't relog just to make sure your shop stays online
  • This forces your to keep your PC on if you want the shop to be online, like sell anything, same as on official server ("The online decay is gone", quoted from the update)
  • You can't buy the stuff you want at a good price(no shop will be open)

I strongly disagree with the incoming change (tomorrow, 7/11! yes, in 2019!) because it doesn't mean any good to you. It doesn't help the server, it just somehow "makes sense" and forces others to think there are players online so the staff can keep their online numbers up. Do you want this?

ripsaw

I totally agree. Its 2019, you shouldn’t be forced to leave your pc on overnight or when you’re working. I love that farming is hard but selling as well? Thats so wrong. I remember when max time was 8h and you could get it just from farming. I had it all night and in the morning would activate again when i login to read books/soulstones. Now I don’t feel like farming sometimes because i already got the shop full and lots of craps in the store. Shame because its such a nice server, perfect for part time farmers.

Schuka

The old 8h shop system was by far the best, and no one complained about it, but of course they had to change it.
Better remove it totally and leave us with level 1 characters left online overnight, like we used to years ago :rolleyes:

Clairmont

Promo Manager
Staff member
@Haruo come also with a solution . I mean suggest something .

The following update will come as it is but that doesn't mean it can't be tweaked afterwards .
I'm also PRO for more offline shop time because most of us can't be active daily (even tho I understand both parts Players - Team ) .
Also WoM was always a slow paced server where you could simply stay map1 and have fun . Not farming / fishing / pvp-ing daily . (y)

Haruo

The following update will come as it is but that doesn't mean it can't be tweaked afterwards .
I'm also PRO for more offline shop time because most of us can't be active daily (even tho I understand both parts Players - Team ) .
Also WoM was always a slow paced server where you could simply stay map1 and have fun . Not farming / fishing / pvp-ing daily . (y)
Let's say the staff agrees to change it because of player pressure. Let's say they are open to change. Let's assume they would listen to a suggestion about changing offline shop. They could have also asked us, beforehand, "what the hell do you want?" and we come up with ideas and them giving us something reasonable. But not this time.

I already have an idea how to post my suggestion. And everyone would like it.
I did not expect the current system to be changed so suddenly, (within a 2-day notice). And let's even if I made this suggestion now, I know it will take too long to implement(more than 2 days). More than simply tweaking. But it's a better solution.
For example, suggestions take too long to apply: I proposed a change that was rejected because it "takes too much time", and another that has been until ignored for 1 month, then added with 3 clicks. Another example is a simple one that for 2 months has been ignored, and now still has no verdict(anyone still using horses or pets? Can you walk through them? Well?)

My current goal is them holding onto this rework until rectified for another one favorable to us, the playerbase.

Note: You may have to read this twice.

Edit: typos/grammar

Last edited:

nicht

Totally agree. The new shop system is ridiculous.
Me, as an example, i work from 14 to 22, uk time, that means 00:00 romania time where most of the players are, and i get to play only 2-3 hrs after i come home. During this time i can get maximum of 3h offline shop wich means my shop will be closed at around 5AM and untill next day at around 23:00, i can`t sell anything.

My suggestion would be that every player that stays logged in for more than 1 hr and does any of the activities farming, fishing, pvp get a 12hrs offline shop even tho i still think for some of us wouldn`t be enough.
Or another suggestion would be to add a droppable item wich gives you 2-3-4 offline hours on lvl 40+ metins, normal metins with a modest drop rate or 50% drop rate at chaos metins.

Haruo

Or another suggestion would be to add a droppable item wich gives you 2-3-4 offline hours on lvl 40+ metins, normal metins with a modest drop rate or 50% drop rate at chaos metins.
This is not ok. Offline shop time isn't a reward. Not worth it.

I disagree with this hypocrisy of a situation, the staff can also have "something to do outside the game" while we must log in every day and farm hours for f*cking TIME to sell the items we worked hours to get, for the 500 people playing this. How does that seem fair to people?!

ripsaw

Lets say the staff agrees to change it because of player pressure. Lets say they are open to change. Lets assume they would listen to a suggestion about changing offline shop. They could have also asked us, beforehand, "what the hell do you want?" and we come up with ideas and them giving us something reasonable. But not this time.

I already have an idea how to post my suggestion. And everyone would like it.
I did not expect the current system to be changed so suddenly, with just a 2-day notice. And even if I made it now, I know it will take too long to implement(more than 2 days). More than simply tweaking. But it's a better solution
Example suggestions take too long: I proposed a change that was rejected because it "takes too much time", and another that has been until ignored for 1 month, then added with 3 clicks. Another example is a simple one that for 2 months has been ignored, and now still has no verdict(anyone still using horses or pets? Can you walk through them? Well?)

My current goal is them holding onto this rework until rectified for another one favorable to us, the playerbase.

Note: You may have to read this twice.
Just go for it and hopefully it will be accepted and we ll still be around to get to see it. Im sure you ll get everyones support

Schuka

I guess they really want less than 100 players (again), what's with this cra*py shop update? If I'm breaking a metin stone in the morning I will have 3 h of shop time and that'll be ALL the time available for my offline shop throughout the day, is this some kind of a joke?
Selling stuff with a small player base was already bad enough, but now, as usual, the team had to fck up something that was working perfectly fine (the old shop system).
I have an idea for you, guys! What if, instead of screwing things that no one ever complains about (because they're perfectly fine, or were...lol) actually solve problems that are here since forever?

Schuka

The system will be changed (or at least tweaked) , you just need to have a bit of patience . :)
Good luck with that I'm not sure how many people can actually stand having no money, because they essentially can't sell anything at all (y) This wouldn't have been a problem if the offline shop never existed, but to ask our players to basically keep their accounts online for a shop considering the fact that we're almost in 2020, well, that su*ks!

maxblax555

100-105 lvl players make fishing mining for offline shop time ????!!!! OMG comedy , incredible :O back to 2008 ...