What's new

Staff appear in friend list

Haruo

There were enough moments where I wanted to know what GM is online. I may have questions and I need some help. Not every player wants to. At such a moment, you can either shout(!) or wait until they announce someone is online. Not like they're always online.

Solution: A system I saw on another private server is that you(the staff) can add a category named "Staff" and put every helper, GA, GM, SGM and if they're online they react just like friends. And you always know whoever is online if you require their help with something.

Nobody

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello, we had this suggestion in the past and it was rejected back then as well. The reason why you can not see if a GM is online is that it will prevent hackers going ham thinking no one is watching if there is no GM online in the friend list.

Haruo

Hello, we had this suggestion in the past and it was rejected back then as well. The reason why you can not see if a GM is online is that it will prevent hackers going ham thinking no one is watching if there is no GM online in the friend list.
Then allow for a "invisible" mode, there could be GMs looking to help players.

Haruo

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
"The reason why you can not see if a GM is online is that it will prevent hackers going ham thinking no one is watching if there is no GM online in the friend list. "

They only have to appear online when they want to appear online. Is there no way for staff to code a button that makes them not appear online? Or a button that makes them appear only when they press it? Even simpler, a command?