What's new

Offline Shop - Rework

Clairmont

Hello guys, Clairmont here. ™️

Offline Shop was a big subject on WoM3 after it was "nerfed".
I'll go faster and write less because some are probably annoyed about too many letters.

1. Offline Shop should have 24h "time"
... but
Every time it goes to 0 you'll pay a fee of 250 yin to refill the time.

Why?
This will help the server in some ways.​

• It's not gonna be annoying anymore to "make" time when you don't have the mood or time to farm/fish/mine. (I know for you Paci, that's not a reason, but anyway 😂)
  • It will take some Yin out of the game daily. (This will keep a healthy economy. More money entering the game everyday - >more money should go out)​
  • The most important, we'll have more shops. Even if in the beginning it was a problem, too many shops, now it's somehow hard to find what you want (strictly gear speaking, not upgrades, books etc) . Some play lately in the night (due to shifts etc), others in the morning, it's basically impossible for them to find items.​
  • Not so important, but we're the only decent/big server who has only a few hours as offline Shop. This is a minus in many players eyes.​

2. Discount feature

This one is just a cool feature for our Shop System to stand out.
It's simply how it sounds :
We'll have a new button "10% discount".
We can use that button everytime we want our prices to go down with 10%. This will be done automatically with all of our items. (from the shop)
... and an additional message to your shop name will be visible for everyone - 10%

Why?​
  • Because it's cool​
  • Because we usually have more items and if they're not selling we need to drag every single item out of the shop and reset a new price. (not cool)​

Feel free to suggest or ask anything.

Thank you for reading it.

bogdanfabregas

Hi,

For the first one, I agree, it is a good suggestion.
For the second one, I do not, and let me tell you why.

I am a player that generally does not sell the same kind of things in his shop.
I may have an armor, a weapon, some upgrade items, alchemy, and so on.

Think about this. If I want my prices to go down for all of my items, but I have an armor that is like 2kkk, maybe for the other items the price drop is ok. But here, I just lost 200kk, simply because I was not paying attention.

It's a risk and I consider that the current system that reminds you the prices is better for dragging and putting back the items in the shop.

Of course, this is just my opinion, to which I am entitled, and of course yours has arguments, but that depends on the style of the player.

All the best!

Clairmont

Hi,

For the first one, I agree, it is a good suggestion.
For the second one, I do not, and let me tell you why.

I am a player that generally does not sell the same kind of things in his shop.
I may have an armor, a weapon, some upgrade items, alchemy, and so on.

Think about this. If I want my prices to go down for all of my items, but I have an armor that is like 2kkk, maybe for the other items the price drop is ok. But here, I just lost 200kk, simply because I was not paying attention.

It's a risk and I consider that the current system that reminds you the prices is better for dragging and putting back the items in the shop.

Of course, this is just my opinion, to which I am entitled, and of course yours has arguments, but that depends on the style of the player.

All the best!
That's true, indeed. Thanks for the feedback.
A friend of mine just had the idea that we can highlight the items we want to reduce. (Like how you sell multiple items at general store).

bogdanfabregas

That's true, indeed. Thanks for the feedback.
A friend of mine just had the idea that we can highlight the items we want to reduce. (Like how you sell multiple items at general store).
You're very welcome and yes, indeed, that actually is a good idea.
However, from a programming standpoint (being a programmer myself) that might be difficult to implement.
I don't know the programming behind Metin2, and now the WOM version, but that might prove a little bit harder to implement than it seems.

AlpKhan

Promotion Manager
Staff member
+1 for first idea but -1 for second one.

Why?
Lets say you are selling items for normal prices. Armor 2kkk changer 5kk Sword 2kkk

And I am selling expensive. Armor 2.5kkk changer 8kkk Sword 2.5kkk

So what is point of highlighting my shop? Even with %10 discount my items are more expensive. Also I guess its hard to implement. There are better possible improvements for shop system which was voted in poll.

bogdanfabregas

+1 for first idea but -1 for second one.

Why?
Lets say you are selling items for normal prices. Armor 2kkk changer 5kk Sword 2kkk

And I am selling expensive. Armor 2.5kkk changer 8kkk Sword 2.5kkk

So what is point of highlighting my shop? Even with %10 discount my items are more expensive. Also I guess its hard to implement. There are better possible improvements for shop system which was voted in poll.
I don't think you understood what he was saying. The idea was to highlight only the items you want to give a 10% discount.
From the 3 above let's say you want to select the armor and the sword.
Your prices are now 2.25kkk armor, 8kkk changer and 2.25kkk sword.

You only offered a discount for 2 items, not all of them.
As for the fact that your items are still more expensive, that has to do with you and how you decide prices, not with the offline shop system.

JustPacPac

+1 for the first one, there are not as many shops as we'd like and I believe this change would help the numbers of shops increase.
As for the second one, it's just complicated. I don't know how hard or easy it is to do a ''discount item x'' feature and to highlight the discounted items in your shop, but it sounds a bit overkill in my opinion. I don't say it is something bad or ''omg this is ruining the spirit of metin2, pokemon metin2'' etc, but I do not see it as a very important change to be made. However, if it is something easy to do, why not.

PACI

Developer
Staff member
I'm sorry to put this down, but it is no point.

In the rare case, if we were to tweak it with such things, we would have no space for the stuff we have added in the poll, which is a no go either.

This might be important yes, but we have 2 huge things going on right now (without counting all the modifications we want to do in the meantime) and soon, when the poll closes: 3. Considering that, how many devs are we in charge of this, how many hours do we need for this and how much time do we have to take action before people give up completely, adding this to the equation is not very clever because none of these are actually on our side currently.

We can tweak the gain of offline time and make it easier, as we have been doing, but there are not many more options.

360chiareu

I do agree with both ideas but as @PACI has said, it would be more better just to leave things as they are for now and probably apply the 1st idea as it has been described by @Clairmont above, so players can just pay a specific amount for having their shops available 24hours a day, instead of having to farm/mine/fish for hours and hours daily, for me the shop time is a pain in the ass to be honest, I've been struggling with this thing for a long period of time and always I got to leave my laptop on so I can keep the shop available. BIG UP for the first idea!