What's new

Mute chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello, this is an international server of course and i know we were strict about this in the past but at the moment we do not enforce talking only english in chat, if this will change at anytime in the future we will let you know.

Auto

Discord = Only English
Wom3 = Non-English

There is just too much work to handle with 2k+ players? Weird reason for not doing the job.

If you work in a supermarket, you can't just deny people to buy there, because there are too many customers.

So if all 2000+ players decided to use the hack, you wouldn't punish them as well? It seems like it's that logic you are going with at this moment.

Too many people = reason for not doing the job.

And yes, I know you have a lot of things to look at, at this moment and muting people might be the least problem. But I spent 4 years on wom2 with that rule "Don't use non-English in the chat" and now it's suddenly changed, cuz too many players.

Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but I just think it's weird.

Clairmont

@Auto there are 2 reasons for that :
1. They can't punish everyone Ofc.
2. They're afraid of losing people.

If they will suddenly start punishing Ro's it's gonna be a chaos and they'll lose some players.
Just get used with it.
I don't even respond anymore in romanian ingame, I'm sick of "cât bă".

Eden

@Auto there are 2 reasons for that :
1. They can't punish everyone Ofc.
2. They're afraid of losing people.

If they will suddenly start punishing Ro's it's gonna be a chaos and they'll lose some players.
Just get used with it.
I don't even respond anymore in romanian ingame, I'm sick of "cât bă".
I hope that there's not the reason.
A server that prioritize the quantity instead of the gameplay quality is death directly since the first day they open. I wanna think that there should be another reason for that.
But im completely against the fact that talk another languages on a general chat. Im really tired of reading romanian over and over again and to recieve MPs talking directly in romanian assuming that i will understand that shit. THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL SERVER, so why looks like im playing a romanian server then? Im not confortable with that situation either and if im still recieving MPs in romanian and going to end shitting in everything that moves and that's me who's gonna get banned.

Sethamin

Well, there was wom2 ro. It is still an option.
I dont want to offend anyone for real but yup, I am sick of reading ro messages, and trying to trade with a guy who doesnt speak anything else than romanian. Everytime I need someone RO who can translate it for me.
Also, why should I be that stupid player from other country in this Romanian server? Now really FUCK IT that everyone speaks in RO. But telling something like that? wtf? Fun, after this my post will be edited and exactly this word FUCK will be deleted, or maybe i will get a mute. Anyways I am just a STUPID PLAYER FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. FUCK IT.

btw Wom2 had around 10GMs. even though it has 500 players on. Why now there arent more `workers` which we actually need? On a server with 2.5k on u cant find a GM 7/24 which is fun. This server should be a gold mine atm, recruit more Game Masters if need and as Eden said, choose the Quality.

For those who just opened the pic and saw there is smth in RO. Well, not that was the problem which made me post it :)

Eden

Don't really know, should be easier than all of that.
International server = Multiple countries on the same site
So you use the international language which is english, cause i find disrespectful to use your own language the same way that i don't speak spanish cause i know the other people are not gonna understand me. Yeah EDEN, but there are people that doesn't know english... Then WHY you play an international server? I don't play romanian metins even if they are insanely good cause i don't know romanian language. As simple as that, so that's not an excuse.
In my humble opinion we need to build a community and a space free of language barriers where everybody seems part of that, cause i sometimes feel that im a foreing playing a romanian server.
And once again, the problem is not with romanians, this is not about racism or something like that, i would say the same if spanish were the dominant language on an internacional server.
Pls, don't take my words as an attack, not trying to ^^

Cheers!

God

Why not speak French instead of English? French is considered as the second most spoken modern language.(I hope you see my point here)
Just stop being cucks, it's not that hard to respond with "I don't speak ro" to PMs.

Eden

Why not speak French instead of English? French is considered as the second most spoken modern language.(I hope you see my point here)
Just stop being cucks, it's not that hard to respond with "I don't speak ro" to PMs.
Simple, cause French is not the international language. Everybody in the world understand english, even if it's not the most spoken one. Is not the same "spoken" as "extended". And of course is not that hard to say "I don't speak ro" but it's tired to do it 20 times a day and still letting the people threat you as a romanian when YOU ARE NOT and they obvious that fact. They take for granted that you are romanian as if its a romanian server. That's what annoy me. If i go to Romania on vacations, i accept that is completely normal that people guess that im romanian as im on their country and i have to be constantly saying that i need to talk in english cause i can't understand them, but i don't expect that if i go to another more variated and extended globaly place, as everybody knows that english is used as a global language to understand each other when you travel. It's exactly the same.

Sethamin

I believe there are more Turkish players than French. But yet there is not a single person in this game which knows im Turkish. So how would you feel if i talk in Turkish on call chat? Like I can offend you as I wish, and if at that point there is no a turkish GM on I can do it as much as I want and you can only guess what Im talking for. Maybe Wom2 made me think like that, Maybe the difference between wom2 and wom3 is that wom3 isnt an international server ANYMORE. As that guy on the pic said, I dont want to be that STUPID PLAYER FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY.
And one last thing, u guys dont even know how many ROMANIANS there are, which totally agree with me about this thread.
If WOM3 wants to keep those 10yo guys who can only ks,blame,talk in ro, insult u and bla bla, Well I dont think they donate thismuch, so I Dont see any reason for it.
By a `hard server` what I understand is that you cant get lvl 105 full eq in 2 days. Not that u cant simply trade an item cuz whatever I say in english, the answer is in ro.

God

Whatever, I'm getting sick of hearing y'all complain about EVERY SINGLE TINY INCONVENIENCE.

xyz happens, someone must get triggered.

Every ducking MMORPG that I ducking know about has it's own toxic community;- just like YOU and also ROs.

There is no right or wrong here. Also this server is not made for donations (they are not even donations, this server is licensed, therefore they are purchases), so whenever a player does buy DCs doesn't matter.

You really need to be more understanding. So do ROs. Indeed it isn't fair to be asked whenever you're ro or not, but trust me, if you respond with a single "no, I only speak English" or whatever, you'll be surprised how many ROs will follow up with "ok" and then start to speak some form of understandable English.

Here in the UK, ROs work and every single McDonalds that I've been to. Guess what they're speaking. If you thought ro, then you're damn right, and the other employees there that are from other nationalities don't pay a damn sh*t about that, they just look the other way and do their thing. You know why? They can't just get rid of them, they are human beings too, just like them. They just try to make a living.
Here it's not that different, only that instead of making a living, they're trying to have some fun.

Why can't you do the same?

There are n ways to deal with this:

1). Punish them in game though KS.
2). Block them (yes, you can block them...).
3). Do not respond, and if they follow up, close their message (of you keep shift pressed, you can click on PMs to close them without even opening them).
4). Respond nicely, chances are they might speak English, and you might come to an understanding.
5). Be an a$$, whatever, swear at them and be toxic too.
6). Shame them in some way etc.

However banning them for simply attempting to communicate isn't a solution. It will never be.
I will never play a game that tries to go Nazi mode just because some guy spoke to.

Also just so we're clear. On wom2 you would have been banned if you spoke in global chat (shout chat whatever you call it). That rule never stopped people from PMing you to see whenever you're ro, you just demand more and more. I'm literally sick of this.

Auto

Im a german promoter and get asked everytime why I promote a RO server ? Everyone who wants to play the Server is leaving because they cant understand anything that the people write in trade/call chat.....
Finally some great info. Thanks a lot for this, Krito.

I'm glad we're discussing this. Because it's an issue it seems like.

People join wom3 in the hope of seeing English in the chat, but guess what? You will see, Ro, Turkish, German, Danish, Russian and fking Chinse. That's not how I see "International" - But I've learned one thing - Go to wom3 discord and type 2 sentence on your own language and you will get banned quicker than Romania people type "Ro?" to you.

Just hire [Gm]Blasie again - She was the perfect mute bot. Muted everyone she could, without giving a warning.

God

Finally some great info. Thanks a lot for this, Krito.

I'm glad we're discussing this. Because it's an issue it seems like.

People join wom3 in the hope of seeing English in the chat, but guess what? You will see, Ro, Turkish, German, Danish, Russian and fking Chinse. That's not how I see "International" - But I've learned one thing - Go to wom3 discord and type 2 sentence on your own language and you will get banned quicker than Romania people type "Ro?" to you.

Just hire [Gm]Blasie again - She was the perfect mute bot. Muted everyone she could, without giving a warning.
International is not an English server but ok. I only speak English and I don't mind any of them.

Sethamin

Cmon, toxic people saying 'dont be toxic.'
This thread is not created for this! And exactly this should be changed!!!!!!!
I dont care that a guy talks in RO usually, But when im farming and he KSes MY METIN, and when I get the loot I dont want to hear ANYTHING in any language I cant understand, and I also cant take 130 SS daily and report them all with or without a reason.
Still lets stick to the callchat. A guy posts that he is buying/selling/trading or whatever something in ro. 1st of all I dont even know what he wants to do and when I pm him he just speaks in RO. So, the CALLCHAT is not for trades and its not for non english blablablaing. Atleast that's what i saw in wom2 for 5 years or maybe even more.
And also lets dont forget that If I post a sh0t in turkish lets say, I simply lose like 80% or more of my potential clients so there's not a single reason.\
As @Krito said, he's simply promoting a RO server. We just dont know that its a RO server yet. They all do, but we dont.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Cmon, toxic people saying 'dont be toxic.'
This thread is not created for this! And exactly this should be changed!!!!!!!
I dont care that a guy talks in RO usually, But when im farming and he KSes MY METIN, and when I get the loot I dont want to hear ANYTHING in any language I cant understand, and I also cant take 130 SS daily and report them all with or without a reason.
Still lets stick to the callchat. A guy posts that he is buying/selling/trading or whatever something in ro. 1st of all I dont even know what he wants to do and when I pm him he just speaks in RO. So, the CALLCHAT is not for trades and its not for non english blablablaing. Atleast that's what i saw in wom2 for 5 years or maybe even more.
And also lets dont forget that If I post a sh0t in turkish lets say, I simply lose like 80% or more of my potential clients so there's not a single reason.\
As @Krito said, he's simply promoting a RO server. We just dont know that its a RO server yet. They all do, but we dont.
That's a very good argument you have. Also you guys should keep in mind that we never said we won't encourage talking only in english on call chats, i just said we don't encourage it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.