What's new

FMS and RIB

SilencedPT

Hey, in general, RIB does much more base damage than a FMS, but still people asks for Diff when trading RIB (I have) for a FMS (person who asks for diff) it can happen the other way around too.
Other question for RIB is better monsters + penetration or monsters + deathblow?

Marcy1998

its completely normal that the FMS is much more expansive than RIB. The FMS can be used by Warrior, Sura and Ninja--> higher demand. On the other side it is more usefull when fighting on the ground

mentaka

Hey, in general, RIB does much more base damage than a FMS, but still people asks for Diff when trading RIB (I have) for a FMS (person who asks for diff) it can happen the other way around too.
Other question for RIB is better monsters + penetration or monsters + deathblow?
for warrior yes rib all the way when mounted /on ground use fms /..for rib pvm you want at least 36 and above % damage with monsters deathblow penetration will = one hell of a wicked weapon for pvm grinding or stones you can cut thru like butter with a hot knife .and real nice if you can get one with str in it +6-12 ..fms both good weapons but better on ground fighting pvp with good % and stones like strong against sura -ass -war and such ..best to carry both when in the hot zones and farming if a player comes and try's to steel your stone or just what's to to be a prick ..just some info on the rib vers fms both great but up to your game stile of play

weed420

About your second question.
At lvl75+ anyone would use a Poison/Grudge over FMS/RIB. And at low levels there are no mobs with high enough defense/critical damage resistance that would justify the use of penetration over deathblow... at least not that I'm aware of. The only exception I can think of is the tortoise boss which has a very high defense, so penetration would probably be better against it.

Clairmont

In my opinion and experience I find Penetration better with P berserk. (bcs of pierce boost 20%)
You don't have that much pierce on you compared with crit (buffer mainly) so it's an easy choice vs metin stones / bosses.

SilencedPT

Thanks for the replies, but about prices some ppl exagerate I have a rib 36 avg and I want to trade for fms, this player wanted my rib for a fms 38 avg + 45k yin which is totally insane.

@Clairmont believe me there's ppl that thinks that penetration stone on RIB is useless as well as the Pierce boost.

Last edited:

weed420

Keeping things simple, if you have 600 ATK and you are trying to destroy a metin stone that has 150 Defense your attacks should deal about 450 damage.
Now assume the metin stone doesn't have any kind of resistance because its low level.
If you do a critical you will deal 900 damage and if you do a pierce attack you will deal 750 damage.
The pierce boost from berserk still wont make penetration worth it for lower levels and whether or not is worth it, its mostly dependable to how high your attack is.
In short, both are good depending on the situation so choose whatever is best for you.

mentaka

About your second question.
At lvl75+ anyone would use a Poison/Grudge over FMS/RIB. And at low levels there are no mobs with high enough defense/critical damage resistance that would justify the use of penetration over deathblow... at least not that I'm aware of. The only exception I can think of is the tortoise boss which has a very high defense, so penetration would probably be better against it.
hell ya good poison weapon over fms or rib for sure i would even take a nice poison over grudge for sure with 40% damage and above you will need that in redwood or beta map lv 90 as rib and fms are useless there just saying rib/fms/poison weapon ...as with tortoise boss use baby spider ploy on it try to trap it if solo aganest something tree rock what have you so it cant move .solo with a buff is not good ..by the time you buff your self his defence will be 100% so for get that if solo you need poison baby spider poly 2 is good to have and use your aura and berserk before you morf to spider and pin it down