What's new

Events rework from my perspective

Clairmont

Staff member
Hello guys , I see that players are kinda "unhappy" with WoM3 events and I have a suggestion (For some events) that would have a better impact imo.

1. Monster Chat

At the moment , Monster Chat event , is nothing more than who spams better some NPC-s or mobs . Usually no one has the time to read the question , they just spam randomly some names .

How to change that ?

By changing the questions .
No one actually knows what a NPC would say or a mob . Not in a case a new player who just got here .
Ask instead what mob can drop an item ? Or what NPC gives you that mission .

E.g. 1: Heavenly String is dropped by ?
Correct answer : Heaven Soldier

E.g. 2 : Dark Nation mission is given by ?
Correct answer : Uriel

2. Moonlight Boxex

I have friends , I know people who can't participate within 12 hours being in other countries . (Real example : A friend who played from China . For him the event was mostly in the night @Zany )

How to change that ?

By having 2x Moonlight events per month .
One should be done from 06:00 to 18:00 CEST and one from 18:00 to 06:00 CEST . (different days of course)
That would make everyone to have access at least one time per month .

The prices of items are already in an ascendent trend so having 2 times/month access to them will improve the server and the market.

3. National War

Is no surprise that people don't join anymore on PvP events here .
There are 2 major arguments on that :
1. 105lvl players can't really win anything from it . (XP at max level it's..useless)
2. No one can make a better gear by fighting .

I see a problem here with all PvP events . They're only for "fame" and "fun" .
No one actually will spend some money on pushes , use alchemy , make a PvP equip to fight 1 time per week with having nothing actually to win.

How to change that ?

1k yin per every kill made within +-10 levels .
Being able to really win some money out of a big fight , will make people even more involved in those kinds of events .
I would love to see PvP being more important in your character development , not only farming . I would like to have a reason to fight and build a strong pvp char .

4. Dojang and Primal Law

I would have those 2 events in the same column because I was thinking at the same rework.
I have the same arguments like for the National War .

Being the Dojang winner means that you're for a week best 1-1 player from your category .
Being the Primal Law winner means that you're the best fighter , last one standing from the entire server.

How to change that?

1-39 category : 15k yin reward + the new Costume
40-59 category : 25k yin reward + the new Costume
60-79 category : 35k yin reward + the new Costume
80-96 category: 50k yin reward + the new Costume
97-105 category : 50k yin + 10 blue changers + the new Costume

And for Primal Law :
50k yin + 10 blue changers + the costume for the winner .

PvP should be rewarded properly . It's the thing that makes new players want to join us , it's the reason why would player evolve , it's basically the game : FIGHTING.
Something we lack off unfortunately .

mentaka

i agree we need to upgrade a bit on this ..monster chat was and is old event way boring and spam if you even if you know it ....and who care's what monsters say im just there to kill them ..the old event's years ago are over and need a change ..clairmont great thread and good luck..

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
NW was reworked already, making things interesting for this event. The moonlight event is too profitable to be held for 24 hours unless we nerf the drop rate and Primal Law + dojang event don't need such a big Yin reward since it's mostly created to encourage PvP, both Primal Law and Dojang have their own perks and costume for the winner.

Clairmont

Staff member
NW was reworked already, making things interesting for this event. The moonlight event is too profitable to be held for 24 hours unless we nerf the drop rate and Primal Law + dojang event don't need such a big Yin reward since it's mostly created to encourage PvP, both Primal Law and Dojang have their own perks and costume for the winner.
Ok , good to know that NW was reworked .
But you don't encurage people to PvP with only "a costume and fun" . You see that almost no one wants to join neither of those PvP events . It's not even 50% from what we used to have .
Players mentality it's changing , they want more and more to earn . Your events should too. (only my oppinion )

Edit: And 50k yin seems to be a "such a big prize " for a lvl 105 player ? They're doing it in less than 30 min . 50k yin imo it's just a symbolic reward for their pvp equipment.

Last edited:

Steven

Senior Game Master
Staff member
Hello,
Thank you for your suggestions, for sure we will consider at least one thing from your list.

And that thing is... Monster Chat idea! In my opinion your version of that event is much better than the current one, because in this way we will check your knowledge not how fast you can type random monster/npc. Usually no one knows who said given sentence, it's about luck.
Right now I will check if it's possible to do, then.. huh, let's write the new questions. :sleep:

2. As Akitas said "The moonlight event is too profitable to be held for 24 hours", however (don't hate me for that) I want to nerf Moonlight Boxes, so we can use this event for 24 hours. Maybe drop date will be reduced as well but I'm not sure about that yet.

3. Your suggestion to give Yin for every kill is a big nope - too easy to abuse.
" I would like to have a reason to fight and build a strong pvp char . "
In metin2 it should be your goal to have a strong pvp char, as long as you are not 100% PvM lover.
I'm thinking about rewarding top players from each dynasty. It can be a temporary costume, pvp pushes and so on, but it will never be pure Yin.

4. In Primal Law you have Primal Law Coins, that's your reward.
For Dojang, like with Nation War - nope. I have one idea about new rewarding system but I have to discuss it in team first, so I can't give you answer yet.

Once again thank you for your ideas. We want to change almost every event and threads like that are important for us.
It's not my final word, if you want to discuss something, go ahead!

Clairmont

Staff member
3. Your suggestion to give Yin for every kill is a big nope - too easy to abuse.
" I would like to have a reason to fight and build a strong pvp char . "
In metin2 it should be your goal to have a strong pvp char, as long as you are not 100% PvM lover.
I'm thinking about rewarding top players from each dynasty. It can be a temporary costume, pvp pushes and so on, but it will never be pure Yin.
Thank you for your answer . :D Glad to hear that at least one of my suggestions will be forwarded.

I guess I agree with you at 3 and 4 point , but that's not exactly only about me .
We see that lately (last 2 years tbh ) PvP is not anymore important for players . Dojang events are more and more lower like value and number of players , National Wars are pretty much empty , Primal Law mostly the same.
You see that here , on WoM3 (and last years in WoM2 ) no one wants to fight anymore . Really no one . No guild wars (except from tournaments) , no fights , nothing .

Players mentality has changed in last years and we (not me tho , the team ) should act somehow. PvP is indeed the goal for everyone , but it's not worthy to "reach" it anymore . It takes way too much time to see that after all you're the only one doing it .
I see only 1-2 good players on all category (mostly with bigger accounts) , rest of players just want to have better and better PvM equip to can make more and more money .

I could see the point to not offer PvP a real reward , but not now .

I've suggested indeed some Yin rewards for PvP events , but that could be "tweaked" somehow . I just ask for the day when PvP will be for real rewarded .

PvP makes the game more attractive , if new players will see fights on Youtube , more will probably join .

If I want to do a decent PvP account , first I should do a good farmer , than farm and farm and farm and probably quit before I can get a decent PvP char. Those who accomplished that tho will quit , because they don't have who to fight with . The same will happen when 120 lvl arrives . Only a few will do it , and from them only 1-2 will be PvP and lonely .

To end this long post : Let's try to think at an idea where players could do a PvP char from the beggining and earn money from fighting. Not like those who farm , but something that could help them improve without having 10 farmers and farming 24/24.
Thank you again.

opotime

….
….
that explains a lot...most ppl i know like pvm and Team Play in pvm… pvp is just a extra feature for high lvl if pvm is done^^

Steven

Senior Game Master
Staff member
Hello,
Players don't want to fight without finished chars, perf items, perf alchemy. Of course there will be some players who will enjoy pvp with 10% DH and CL1 alchemy.
It's not about events, you don't see that many duels in first towns, you don't see players trashtalking each other "come at me 1vs1", there are PvP events to encourage you to take any pvp action. The idea back-then wasn't to give you OP rewards for doing it, you should join to use your pvp gear and have fun.

I know, players' mentality has changed, there is no fun if there is no reward.
"Let's try to think at an idea where players could do a PvP char from the beggining and earn money from fighting. Not like those who farm , but something that could help them improve without having 10 farmers and farming 24/24."
In fact, those guys who farm all the time, they have strong pvp characters - so you will give them more and more income and difference between casual player and tryhard player will be even bigger.

What I plan for Dojang is to reward you for joining the event and at least trying to win (even without pvp eq), I hope after that change Dojang event will be more crowded. Also for Nation War we have some ideas, Primal Law won't be changed for now.

opotime

The mentality never changed ...a lot wanna have all for free and like to kill pvm Players because they dont use pvp gear ...
(all 1on1 asker i make a big move around them)

Dojang for low lvl just make the Problem bigger...
-----
and for me personal: " if i reach the Point of pvm is done, i quit or start a new char… Money or changer luck based pvp is not pvp it is just a Show off" (and i dont like to kill unlucky ppl)