What's new

Beta maps chaos shitty drop issue

Fane

Are u going to fix the shitty drop we are getting from beta maps chaos stones? Why lower level stones have better drop than this ones ? I saw a few kids crying we a dropping changers and stuff but i never dropped more than 4 (mostly i get only one changer, a few flowers and a few lv 65 weapons +6/7 and that's the whole drop). I have to break more than 30 stones to make a chaos cristal and when i break it i get like ~7k worth of drop if i'm lucky, i could get even more from lv 50 chaos lol. I tried a few days ago to sell a chaos cristal with 15k and litterally no one wanted it, a lv 90 cristal can be sold with more than 30k and a lv 105 cristal cannot be sold with as little as 15k damn...

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
What do you mean with shitty drop, did you even farm enough to come to this conclusion? I will start with the fact that those metins bring you so much profit that they should not have a chaos version in the first place but they do, and why are they good enough you ask? Because it gives you changers, it gives you multiple artisan stones if you have the luck.
In my opinion i don't agree with the "DD" chaos stones being more profitable as they are otherwise the profit per hour from the DD maps will skyrocket comparing to other farming methods.

Gripp

@Akitas +1. Ive been farming for 3 weeks in 90maps and I never complained about chaos metins since the normal ones are simply enough.

Although I have an other issue to report. I believe that the elite bosses on 90maps are quite weird, I will explain why: the second elite boss I killed dropped me 4x stones +5 without even wearing the full item drop equipment. Yesterday I killed 12x elites in one hour ( they are actually very hard to kill compering to the non elite bosses ) and I dropped 1x stone +5 and 0x scriptures while wearing full item drop equipment. I wanna hear other players who killled elite bosses if they find them kinda bad. @Steven @Argus who made the DD bosses guide too.

Sol

Video Artist & Moderator
Staff member
Not every Elite drops the same. Some are better then others. Nonetheless 4x Stone+5 is really rare and they usually drop less. I think the drops are fine as they are right now though.

nif

What do you mean with shitty drop, did you even farm enough to come to this conclusion? I will start with the fact that those metins bring you so much profit that they should not have a chaos version in the first place but they do, and why are they good enough you ask? Because it gives you changers, it gives you multiple artisan stones if you have the luck.
In my opinion i don't agree with the "DD" chaos stones being more profitable as they are otherwise the profit per hour from the DD maps will skyrocket comparing to other farming methods.
Seems like You didn't farm enough.
I can agree in 66% with sentence "so much profit".
My avg. SS drop per 40 stones is 2,5.
Fragments drop is much worse, and average chaos 110 drop is useless for most players and avg value of it is just 5 times worser in compare to 90, so not even worth to mention, just like beta materials which u can get alot for farming it alone, so price for epic equipment materials will suck also, just 85+ bracelets and earrings craft materials/materials will and have any value.

About chaos.
Yeah for <90.

"If You have luck" u can drop maybe 5 changers and 1 stone, not multiple.
90 Stones can give me 5x SS, Experimental wine+ and few also valuable items, what can 110 give You? Sometimes 1 stone, a low ammount of changers, just FEW weapons +7 (in compare to standard) maybe gold inv key, but I see it have drop chance like SS, so I guess i need to destroy 16 chaos to get one.
So it's ~33k yin(just SS and EW+) without rest of potential 90 drop so it's not hard to reach more than 40k for chaos with just A BIT of luck, with drop which can sell in matter of minutes vs ~5 changers + stone if u lucky, and if u lucky even more then You will drop Artisan which have some value in compare to Nocturnal (cant sell them since more than few days for just 18k) and Nemere which like I said before, are useless for most players.
You've lost nearly 40% /24h population, maybe 10% of high lvl players care about DD gear and 105 lvl, but they doesn't need to buy nocturnal/nemere stones becouse they can drop it alone, so the price for it will be bad in compare to Artisan Stone which more players will need, rest will stay 96 becouse of brainless drop system in this game. 96 doesn't need DD items becouse can equip max +4 I guess, and still 75 weapon and Aqua Armor+9 will be much better for pvm for em.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
You can drop multiple artisan stones and the Soul Stone is not meant to be dropped that often. We had experiences in the past where players were throwing stacks of 200 Soul Stones in the town because they are too many, we are glad that it is finally a decent item to drop and sell.

Clairmont

For those who played on WoM2 , we suggested multiple times to lower the drop of SS in beta . Players had thousands of Soul Stones .
SS's are valuable atm because so many players needs them for their skills . In 3-4 months , most of them will have all P's done and SS's will have ofc a lower price .
If the drop would be higher , we would have a 500 yin Soul Stone . An useless item and without any real value .

Fane

For those who played on WoM2 , we suggested multiple times to lower the drop of SS in beta . Players had thousands of Soul Stones .
SS's are valuable atm because so many players needs them for their skills . In 3-4 months , most of them will have all P's done and SS's will have ofc a lower price .
If the drop would be higher , we would have a 500 yin Soul Stone . An useless item and without any real value .
Is not like they have 100% chance, the ones who does are way too expensive to make and too expensive to consume, they give you -10k rank no matter what G skill you made. Average price for zen bean is 750 yin (i didn't bought any for a while, i might be wrong) and you need 15 of them to make your rank neuter again that translates to 11250 yin. Average price for soul stones is 4500 yin, lost paragon crystal is 300 yin so 45.000 yin + 300 yin + 11.250 yin = 56.550 to craft and use ONE Paragon's Lost Stone. i know the prices will go down but i don't think this will happen in the next two months. For now they only go up. What kind of madman will pay 56.550 yin for one stone ?
Ok now let's talk about the normal stones. The drop is pretty much 5 lv 65 weapons, a skill book and maybe one or two lv 70 armors (wich are uselss because they cost like 30k if you want to sell them to NPC). Soul stone drops about one per 2h of farming with thief glove and battle pass (maybe two if i'm extremly lucky - but that's not the case for me). Silver or gold bars... yeah like one 500 yin gold bar from ~5 stones one 1k yin from 7-8 stones and who knowns from how many stones i get one 2k yin silver bar. Anyway it's more than 10 for sure. Farming with my mage can bring me somewhere between 20 and 30k yin for two hours. A thief glove is 2k yin, a 10% cristal is 2.5k so my average profit for 2h hours of farmig is ~22k for two hours of farming beta maps. In two hours usually i break between 15 and 25 stones. Aura warriors can easily break 35+ stones in two hours if they find them but that's another subject.

nif

@Akitas
Kinda not worth to argue with someone who only respond to a one chosen part and seems like know how everything looks like, but only in theory.

a) If I can drop 5x SS from 90 Chaos then I should be able to also to do this with beta chaos or atleast be able to drop SS every, for ex. 12 metins, not 16, like it is now.

Like I said, 90 Chaos can give You drop worth 40k+ (75% of it is 5 ss drop which wasn't too rare to drop when I was farming it and Wine+ which should be in beta metins too, but seems like You wom3 doesn't have Game Designers), 110 not even close to half from it in most case, % for Artisan Stone is bad which is the main thing where moneys come from, becouse b) AMMOUNT OF AVERAGE CHANGERS DROP IS BAD as I said, Nocturnal and Nemere Stones are useless for 90% players, and if drop chance for normal Artisan Stone will be so bad like it is now then the price will be high, ofc, but noone will buy them, imagine 100% price rise like with Soul Stones, I don't think people will be happy to pay 60k to craft Artisans Compass per one upgrade attempt.

Why? Becouse army of Romanians human-bots with mostly 35 lvl (becouse seems like more of them doesn't know it isn't level cap) actually set the price of SS in practice. There is many of them, so in total - beside laughing from RO's - low lvl players can add many stones to the market every day, they don't need them, so they sell it, I would say whole high lvl players can't even in half achieve same result so the price of SS rising.

Good drop character for 40+ metins can destroy one metin in about half minute +/- 10 seconds, I guess. Also they just to have change Channels becouse most of low lvl metins respawns in same place, they dont lose time to look for it like in forest, beta.
So as far as i remember, 40lv stones respawn is ~3:30? So, including that u lost nearly half of players, where most of them were low-lvls result in that it's not hard to achieve 6 metins per 3:30 at night or even day time. So they can destroy easily 100 metins per hour, so if SS drop rate is same for every metin (which wouldn't surprise me) then for low lvl player it won't be hard to achieve 10 SS per hour, also imagine how much fragments he can drop, skill books like aura/eb and stones+4, and average drop worth from chaos.

So how much someone is able to make? 80-100kk per hour?

When typical low lvl drop is able to achieve 100 metins per hour, then typical beta drop needs from 1 to 1:30 to destroy metin + look for it which can last from thirty seconds to even another minute, in my case the average time to destroy metin and start another one is 3 min.

So I can destroy only 20 metins per hour, and what can I drop from it?
-Beta materials, most of them useless.
-Trash weapons, best scenario would be 35kk per hour from it.
-Atleast 1 SS per hour.
-Atleast 1 fragment per hour.
-Sometimes Aura/EB.

So seems like I can achieve in worst scenario 40k per hour, but lets say i'll drop atleast one ring element, which is too rare for me anyway, then we can say its 50kk/1h.

And chaos in tl:dr
Artisan Stone = woaaah, a bit profit
Nocturnal, Nemere = useless for most of players and too hard to sell for almost nothing. Rest items + low amount of changers not worth to mention.

90 chaos tl;dr
5 stones + wine+ +rest of VALUABLE drop? = nice profit

Sadly never droped anything beside Nocturnal, or just no stone. Your argue "You can drop
multiple artisan stone" is like "You can win 10kk usd in loterry", too low chance in compare to time we need to make 10 fragments.

It would be nice to hear something from a Game Designer that understand economy, possibilities of every lvl range (in this case metin drop) and how players are able to abuse it, how becouse of that market is affected. And how in practice looks what You can make, in this case, from chaos to compare to other, in this scenario 90vs110, but imagine that low-lvl can probably drop 5 chaos stones when 90/110 can drop one, i don't think its more profitable then one 90/110, but probably nice addition when they are easy able to destroy 100 metins per hour.

My argue it's real and easy for low lvl to make tens of SS and rest of value items:
If someone have like 95 slots occupied by 200 books each It's not hard to assume how much fragments/ss/value books/stones+4 he could drop.

This is the skyrocket, Akitas, not red forest or beta's with possible A BIT better drop for the effort we need to put to farm them effectively.

Hide your list with question and answers for them , in my opinion Your knowledge about actual game state is equal to zero. So give us someone that can argue and tell why me, very first top1 or other people are wrong.

@Shogun Hey Shogun, maybe You can tell a few words, or employ a game designer that know how to approach the subject, becouse in my opinion your Community Manager isn't right person to argue with players that know's how in practice reality looks like.

PS. Who is the one that invented deleting whole drop from hl1 and trash from beta before, if we have game designers like that, then im not surprised why it's seems like its more profitable to go for farming low lvl stones.

This is what I mostly see as 93 lvl aswell, just add flowers, and sometimes Nocturnal stone. (https://wom3.org/board/threads/add-soul-stones-as-drop-for-chaos-metins-in-beta-maps.1191/post-9527)

Last edited:

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
@nif This is a general discussion isn't it? Or am i not allowed to speak my thoughts about the given subject? I'm against this because i farm those metins and i get a stable soul stone count from them and i do not see the need to add them to the chaos metins as well. I guest next topic is to add thief gloves and experience rings to the DD metins as well to assimilate with your train of thought of being able to have the same drop from different metins.

Gripp

Guys have you ever consider using 40% double drop items on brac and earings besides thief gloves?? The drop amount is significantlly higher.

Kolejarz

Guys have you ever consider using 40% double drop items on brac and earings besides thief gloves?? The drop amount is significantlly higher.
I consider that i destroyed hmm 50+ chaos of malice and i get maybe 20 changers and shi.. drop

Ze'

This is very hard for me to say it, but akitas is right... Not even gonna bother reading everything.
The drop is perfectly fine in 2h you do over 50kk with shit to sell afterwards ( not counting: alchemy, lost pages and chaos metins), so yes the drop is super fine, actually more than fine.
In low level you dont get even half that in 2h, unless you drop like 10 auras straight but that is about luck.
Soul stones are more than fine how they are, you only have to do them once and then you will be done with it... its not like it is different for others, everyone needs soul stones the problem is for everyone.

The actual problem here is that you guys are too high level, this problem already comes from wom2 and there is multiple suggestions about it.... 105's should be able to drop the same as a lv90 in beta maps and they dont, you guys should be complaining about this and not the increase of drop chance.

Nexces

You really need to reconsider your politics.
-Skill books besides aura are too cheap
-Alchemy price is falling down, even if it was introduced few days ago
-Exo and hermits are also less valuable
-Stones +4 are not worth to pick up anymore
-After blessing marble was introduced in IS few chaos fragments lost its value
- upgrades up to 40lvl are uselles, items like black round shield 9 is worth 1kk...
- lilac adders are like 300k atm
The only valuable items atm are changers
Imo whole server economy is in really bad shape, after moonlight event its even worse. Did you notice that?
Short time solution is new wave of Players. Market situation resembles me servers with 300 players who all have 90 lvl + in last phase of its life
I beg you, do something

Sol

Video Artist & Moderator
Staff member
This thread seems to be full of people that are not able to farm efficiently.
The level 90 Maps are arguably the most profitable way to farm no matter if you do Bosses, Dungeons or Metin Stones even without the Chaos Metins.
The Chaos Metin Stones are currently not as profitable as it is hard to sell Nocturnal and Frozen Artisan Stone but they are being sold for 20kk+ on the market.
If you drop both of them you will easily make 50kk+ from one Chaos Metin.

Clairmont

This thread seems to be full of people that are not able to farm efficiently.
The level 90 Maps are arguably the most profitable way to farm no matter if you do Bosses, Dungeons or Metin Stones even without the Chaos Metins.
The Chaos Metin Stones are currently not as profitable as it is hard to sell Nocturnal and Frozen Artisan Stone but they are being sold for 20kk+ on the market.
If you drop both of them you will easily make 50kk+ from one Chaos Metin.
And soon after more players will start doing Glacial items and beta weapons/armours , their prices will skyrocket . If someone it's smart , would stack every Nocturnal and Frozen Stone and sell after 1-2 months .