What's new

Best Metin2 server

weed420

So if you are an active forum member you probably have already seen my post about the my discontent with the admin team's decisions and lack of thought about the recent in-game events. I'm giving up on WoM today and for good. I know you don't care and to be honest when someone announces they are giving up, for the most part I don't care either. In most cases their reasoning is selfish and premature or straight out stupid but the reason I'm choosing to quite is not because the server is bad (it isn't). It's not because the community is terribly bad either because there are still many good players mixed within the cancerous kids. Its actually because of how bad of a joke the admin team is and that is the only reason I'm writing this. I've seen how games with careless admins end and I'm not gonna be spending my time here to watch it all again.

My luck is terrible, literally, I won't go into details but you know this is a game of luck. The loot you get from bosses, metin stones, mobs; reading books, soul stones; placing spirit stones on weaps/armors, adding/changing bonuses... all of it depends on your luck. So someone like me who has terrible luck is bound to have to spend more time/effort in order to produce results on pair with someone luckier.
I was having a bad day today even by my standards, nothing seem to work in my favor so I decided to go fishing which might very well be the most profitable and less luck-dependent thing you can do in this server aside from re-selling.
Just like farming, I fish in the most profitable way I can which for me is to fish with as many accounts my PC can handle, and upon some testing I found out it is 6. I knew this would get me into problems due to how biased and stupid decision making the admin team here is, so before I got banned by surprised due to suspicions of botting or due to breaking rules that do not even exist I had previously contacted different GM's to know exactly how many accounts I can use for fishing. They couldn't give me an exact answer because they themselves didn't know. They just said that "I may be banned for fishing on simultaneous accounts" - which I already knew, I wanted to know what the exact limit was though...

Here are the screenshots I took from my conversation with GM Pistone and Reiner:
Imgur
Pistone seemed to act arrogant and uninterested halfway through he obviously doesn't like to argue even though the topic should have been in his best interest to discuss since it was more about game performance issues than anything else (maybe its just me seeing things). Reiner on the other hand was kind and polite but still he couldn't tell me the exact maximum number of accounts we can use for fishing simultaneously.

Back to today, I had just started fishing with 6 accounts and someone who can't tell a bot from a legit player reported me and GM Freesia contacted me to verify my legitimacy. Obviously I could have spread my accounts across different areas of the map, different CH's and different maps even. But I didn't. I didn't because I wasn't doing anything wrong so I didn't had to hide anything.
GM Freesia wasn't satisfied with the fact I was legitimately fishing with 6 accounts and grabbed a rule that came out of his *** just to prevent me from doing so. Here's the most part of the conversation (its incomplete) and the last part of it was written on discord and pretty much what he said was that I had to follow the 3 character limit rule (that he just came up with) even though a fair amount of people who spend their time fishing actually do it with 4-6 characters as well.
Imgur

Post edited for toxicity.

I came here for the nostalgia. My best childhood memories are tied to the original old school metin2 but what I got from WoM instead was pretty much just stress, arrogance, plus biased discriminate decisions and rules so f***ed up my english vocabulary skills ain't enough to describe them.

NOPE. I've seen this happen before 2 times already on small online games and both ended exactly the same way. Its already happening here so I'm bailing out before I waste more of my time and feel even worse when the time comes. Maybe I'm wrong though. I honestly hope I am but either way I've had my dose of WoM for life. Good Luck and keep this forum alive because it is the best thing this game has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze'

Your thread is mostly likely to be deleted.
Anyway I didnt read everything but I can make it easier for you by just posting this thread : Link
And Yes Pistone as always been rude, there is nothing to do about it, deal with it I guess and there is more than enough content already to see that the team is not coordinated on the specific terms of any rules.

Auto

Sad reading.

Because I totally feel you on some of your points.

Me myself, I got some bad sides, which sometimes leads me to be the idiot and I get myself banned on discord, but with that being said:
The way of how good the GMs used to be, is just not the same anymore. When I first started back in 2015 on wom2, my first impressing was "WOW" Because I got such good support from the Team and now after 4 years, I see how the quality have sicking slowly, which is sad - Because as you said, wom2/3 is the best servers in the metin2 pserver history but is these smalls things that can destroy the whole experience for 1 person and it's sad.

The rules are very unclear and we players have to guess to "Is this too many or is it not" and we might end up with a reply like "Use your brain and don't be stupid" but what is stupid and what's not - 4-6 Acc is not suspicious in my opinion, but all the above starts to seems very suspicious. I can't even play with more than 2 acc, so how people have the brain and focus to use that many acc, I can't understand, but that's not the issue. They made this rule to have less work, because if people see you fishing with a lot of acc, the GMs have to check you every day, because they get a new report, from a new player every time - So I get that. With that being said, they should set a number - So we players don't run around like a question mark. Is not that hard to set some fair rules
"- You are allowed to use up to 4 acc to fish with"
"- You are allowed to bring 8 acc with you in Demon Tower, for more upgrades-"
Simple and easy to understand and we would avoid situations like these.
We have to be careful - Servers will sooner or later lose their popularity, just because players get bored, that's 1 reason - So the Team have to be careful how their acts are being taken against other royal players - Situations like your will hurt the server reputation

Yes, unfortunately, the events have been bad and misunderstanding a ton of times - First, we get told 24h moonlight, then 2 hours before it starts, it gets changed to 12 hours, lack of announcement 1 month ago, that events were hold and a lot of players didn't know that and you actually had to be online to know there would be an event, is disappointing - So casual players like me, I had to make the announcement on the forum to let people know - A simple thread that only takes 1 minute to make and they could have avoided a "Shit-storm", but they didn't make it.

I'm really sorry to hear you had enough - But I totally feel you - At a certain point you just get enough and have to leave and it's sad.
I wish you could stay, don't let some GMs ruin the fun for you(Nothing personal GM's) I have picked some favorite GMs I prefer to talk to because they are generally nice to talk to
[GM]Steven is a very good pick, btw.
We all have shitty days that can be ruin by simple things. But wom3 got a lot to offer, even though you are failing a lot of items, meanwhile we see people using 10 changers and get 45% avg in poison sword, for example - You somehow get demotivated, because all the work you put into the game, and the sun never shines on you, make you feel that's all the time you spent, was worthless.

I'm glad how I decided to start the journey on wom3 - On wom2 I wanted too much, too many projects that I could handle - So on wom3 I take it slow, play a bit every day and progress and I wish you would do the same and avoid the GMs that doesn't deliver good support.

I wrote a ton, might have bored some of you, but yeah - Thoughts on my mind,

Regards,

Auto.

Last edited:

God

Actually it is a rule. There was this debate a few weeks prior, when someone named 10 accounts "fishbot1...10" and started to fish simultaneously in map1. Since then, this rule has been added.

I can't find the screenshot that I took from a conversation with argus (I took at as a counter-measure, as I wanted to fish with 2-3 accounts), but he said that less than 4 accounts is fine.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello, i wanted to check exactly what you discussed with our GMs but can not see the imgur link. As about the rule you are talking it is applied since 26 April you can see it Here.
If you think that it is normal to fish with 6 chars and the fact that you were warned by the Game Masters against it is outrageous at the point that makes you quit just because you can not abuse it then that is your problem not the way we manage the server. Why would we give the players the green light to abuse this game just because they have better computers than other players which are stuck with 2-3 clients at most, i can't see the logic behind it.

Auto

Hello, i wanted to check exactly what you discussed with our GMs but can not see the imgur link. As about the rule you are talking it is applied since 26 April you can see it Here.
If you think that it is normal to fish with 6 chars and the fact that you were warned by the Game Masters against it is outrageous at the point that makes you quit just because you can not abuse it then that is your problem not the way we manage the server. Why would we give the players the green light to abuse this game just because they have better computers than other players which are stuck with 2-3 clients at most, i can't see the logic behind it.
That's not his problem - The problem is even the GM couldn't give him a correct answer to his question, so he had to guess himself and when he started to fish with 6 acc, that's the moment Freesia decided to tell him "Hey that's not okay, you can only use 3 acc" Just weird he couldn't get that answer before and had to do the "Crime" to be able to know what's right and what's not.
This is how the rule works now:

Now that you made this statement, it's time you go and edit it and give an exact number which is: 3 If that's your final decision. That will avoid future confusion, for old and for new players whos wondering.
Furthermore, tell how many acc you can use in DT - Will people still be able to take 8 into DT(Max number) or does this rule apply as well, since it requires a strong computer as well to run 8 wom3 programs?

And to be honest, I don't think this has anything to do with abusing something - Fishing is limit to have much you can earn, and by using that many acc you increase the money progress - And it's a weird logic "You got a good computer? Well, then you can't use that many acc, because think of people with a bad computer - It's not fair"
Ok, but it's also not fair that some people can only play 2 hours a day, meanwhile some people play 10 hours a day?

Regards,
Auto.

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
@Auto Even so it's the players problem that they can not play more, we won't allow abuses in order to make up for it. Imagine if those that play 10 hours a day abuses it as well, it will very much damage the gameplay and economy.

God

@Auto Even so it's the players problem that they can not play more, we won't allow abuses in order to make up for it. Imagine if those that play 10 hours a day abuses it as well, it will very much damage the gameplay and economy.
Yeah but the main problem is that the rule doesn't specify the maximum number of accounts that you can use.

TurkErkegi

There must be a rule about fishing with multiple accounts because some people really have no life and there was a thread about one guy who was fishing with 30 chars. I'm fishing with 2 chars about 1 month and somedays fishing about +10hrs and never got a problem. The only mistake Shogun did is not giving a specific number to de-stress people but
You're wrong 100% because you told you have been warned so farewell and good luck with your life ^^
No offence

Last edited:

God

That’s a Staffer Fault , a player should not pay for it , he didn’t any mistake .
I'm tired of everyone only blaming the staff. I'm not trying to kiss their a$$es or anything, but can you actually stop? (wow! I'm using nice words for once)
The dude's been told to logg out by Freesia. He had to obey that request.
GMs are not here to fucking ban you. They are here to keep a balance inside this mess of a game. If the person is not following the correct instructions, they must be punished. Simple damn logic.

The rule was clearly not pulled out of pistone and freesia's a$$. A bit of forum searching, and you can find Shogun's update that states the fact that you are not allowed to fish with an army of accounts.
I do agree, that in fact, the rule does not specify how many accounts can be used at maximum. Heck, I'm running dungeons with 2 buffers and 1 BM sura. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but since no one PMd me to tell me to logg out 1 of my accounts, I assume that I am fine.

Now, this dude received such instructions, it was his free will to obstruct them and get punished.

Now I'm not saying that the blame is all on him either. but he should have listened.

As for the staff, if players cry about a rule, saying that it's not specific enough, can you actually not re-word it properly, so people can actually understand what the hell you want? Give them noobies a specific number that they can use, I don't think it's that hard to pull a reasonable numeric value. I'm in a really bad mood right now, and the least thing I want is to come on forums for a nice read, just to see this kind of f*cking threads/responses.

Help us understand your thoughts for fuck's sake !

TurkErkegi

I'm tired of everyone only blaming the staff. I'm not trying to kiss their a$$es or anything, but can you actually stop? (wow! I'm using nice words for once)
The dude's been told to logg out by Freesia. He had to obey that request.
GMs are not here to fucking ban you. They are here to keep a balance inside this mess of a game. If the person is not following the correct instructions, they must be punished. Simple damn logic.

The rule was clearly not pulled out of pistone and freesia's a$$. A bit of forum searching, and you can find Shogun's update that states the fact that you are not allowed to fish with an army of accounts.
I do agree, that in fact, the rule does not specify how many accounts can be used at maximum. Heck, I'm running dungeons with 2 buffers and 1 BM sura. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but since no one PMd me to tell me to logg out 1 of my accounts, I assume that I am fine.

Now, this dude received such instructions, it was his free will to obstruct them and get punished.

Now I'm not saying that the blame is all on him either. but he should have listened.

As for the staff, if players cry about a rule, saying that it's not specific enough, can you actually not re-word it properly, so people can actually understand what the hell you want? Give them noobies a specific number that they can use, I don't think it's that hard to pull a reasonable numeric value. I'm in a really bad mood right now, and the least thing I want is to come on forums for a nice read, just to see this kind of f*cking threads/responses.

Help us understand your thoughts for fuck's sake !
I couldn't agree more.

Zat

You still didn't give a clear answer for the DT , can players make DT with max number of accounts ( 8 ) or not ?
Also , what the actual f... is your problem that I have better or crappier PC ? Let us play in the way we want to play , if you find any player hacking or something , ban them with real proofs , not like the romanian staff always did , without proofs ( Don't tell me I'm wrong , let's remember how Ania banned most of the 105 players on wom2ro with no proofs and after that Akitas had to unban most of them , Let's remember how Akitas temporarily banned most ALL4ONE members on wom2 Luna just for some stupid suspicions and many others . He kept me banned more than a week for a RMT I did not make on wom2 Eclipse and after he stopped answering my mails and I went to Alea and she unbanned me because she said there is "not enough evidence " - I think she meant there is no evidence )

The same story over and over : Wom is a great server with a team that destroys it (talking mostly about the romanian team - those are the guys I have experience with , except Pistone ) . I was GM on a very big server , I won't name it in order not to advertise it , I know pretty well what a GM should do and should not do and how a GM should actually talk to players . But this is wom's problem , GM's seem like they almost never communicate between them and they don't care how they are seen by the players . Shogun should make some changes , changes that should have been made a long time ago .

I'm waiting for you to delete my message , because I know you don't have the guts to face the truth and realize your mistakes .

Pistone

Game Master
Staff member
You still didn't give a clear answer for the DT , can players make DT with max number of accounts ( 8 ) or not ?
Yes, because you are not simultaneously playing on 8 accounts at once like you would be when fishing. You are afking on 6 of them, buffing yourself from time to time from one of them and doing the actual run from the other one. At least I think that's what you meant by doing the run with the max number of accounts.

Reactions: God

God

He actually did a mistake by breaking the rule and also, he did not pay for it, as stated in this post the player was warned about it and informed that there is a rule against it which you fail to understand.
Ok, everyone got that. But that's not what we wanted to know.
It doesn't matter if he got punished, or not, nor does anyone here really care. Most of us can agree that he was in the wrong for denying to logg out his accounts.

The response that everyone wanted to hear instead would have been a clarification upon the rule. We are yet to know how many accounts we can use to fish.

Yes, because you are not simultaneously playing on 8 accounts at once like you would be when fishing. You are afking on 6 of them, buffing yourself from time to time from one of them and doing the actual run from the other one. At least I think that's what you meant by doing the run with the max number of accounts.
This is literally the kind of clarification that the players want in the case of fishing too.

Clairmont

The thing is that some rules are not very specific at all . A rewrite should be done to them .

"
Simultaneous play -requiring player input- by several characters controlled by the same player may be considered as cheating. "

"MAY be considered as cheating" -> How can we know that ? It may be considered or it's considered ? When is that ?

From exact this statement I can get that leaving a char on auto-mode and buffing myself with another char , means that I'm cheating .

"- Any acts directed at damaging the reputation of the team or the project itself, which cannot be considered as legitimate criticism."
Who can say if my criticism is legitimate or not ? If I don't like a thing and say that it's dumb or trash or idk how , I'll get banned if you think I'm wrong ?

Zat

Let me give you an example : Player X has 2 desktops interconnected , with 4 clients on each of them . He can see all his accounts , and react only when he catches something . He is not actually doing simultaneous actions on his accounts , it's still one at a time , because you can't make 2 commands in the same time , on different clients if you're not hacking.
Why is it wrong ? It doesn't destroy economy more than changers do ( in 2 week from 1.5kk to 3kk , that's pretty insane imo ) . As I know , the team's answer about this problem was " Players make the economy , not the Staff" since I first played on wom2ro . Why do you interferee with your own statement? Did it change ? I am not a fisherman , I don't like fishing honestly , I find it boring , but it's just not right to force players to fish on less accounts , just because you can't prove your suspicions . Sure , it's a GM's job to check if the player fishing on more than 3-4 accounts is hacking or not . That can be done by a simple message (because an active player should answer pretty fast ) . I give you a tip : If you go visible near such a bothacker , the bot will stop fishing and log out most of the times .

adolfollador

So WTF,if metins can be destroyed with being atacked by another persons and clams and pearls are cheaper because everyone has 398493847398 fishing.What can we do for making yang?xD oh shit

TurkErkegi

Let me give you an example : Player X has 2 desktops interconnected , with 4 clients on each of them . He can see all his accounts , and react only when he catches something . He is not actually doing simultaneous actions on his accounts , it's still one at a time , because you can't make 2 commands in the same time , on different clients if you're not hacking.
Why is it wrong ? It doesn't destroy economy more than changers do ( in 2 week from 1.5kk to 3kk , that's pretty insane imo ) . As I know , the team's answer about this problem was " Players make the economy , not the Staff" since I first played on wom2ro . Why do you interferee with your own statement? Did it change ? I am not a fisherman , I don't like fishing honestly , I find it boring , but it's just not right to force players to fish on less accounts , just because you can't prove your suspicions . Sure , it's a GM's job to check if the player fishing on more than 3-4 accounts is hacking or not . That can be done by a simple message (because an active player should answer pretty fast ) . I give you a tip : If you go visible near such a bothacker , the bot will stop fishing and log out most of the times .
It's not only about hacking, There weren't supposed to be some player who fishing with 30 accounts. No matter if he's using bot or not.
So WTF,if metins can be destroyed with being atacked by another persons and clams and pearls are cheaper because everyone has 398493847398 fishing.What can we do for making yang?xD oh shit
Clams and pearls really worthy for your time and effort. On the other hand if I talk about metin farm; ofc someone can take your metin or loot and you may have to fight with them to just take one spot or one metin but thats why metin farming is the most effective way of making money. So please stop complaining ;)